If you’re looking for a smartphone that offers plenty of features without demanding you commit to a heavy-duty contract, the Samsung Galaxy S2 from Boost Mobile might be just what you’ve been looking for.
Sharp Features For A Low Price
Smartphones have been around for a little while now, but some people continue to balk at the idea of breaking down and finally getting one. The biggest reason seems to be a wariness with getting sucked into a long-term contract.
That’s not the only way to enjoy the features people have come to love in a smartphone. Boost Mobile’s Samsung Galaxy S2 is a phenomenal example of that.
Samsung Galaxy S2 Review
Overall, the Samsung Galaxy S2 from Boost Mobile has a lot of really nifty things going for it. With this phone, you’re definitely getting far more pluses than negatives:
- If you’re looking for a sleek, thin phone with a lot of power behind it, the Samsung Galaxy S2 is well worth a serious look. This 5.1″ by 2.7″ by .38″ device weighs less than five ounces. If you’re buying a smartphone for the first time, you’re going to be amazed at how light and easy it is.
- Nonetheless, even a veteran smartphone user will tell you that this is a fairly large device in terms of its dimensions. Carrying it around in your pocket is going to take a little getting used to.
- The large screen size of the phone does have some striking benefits that you’re going to notice almost immediately. If you’re planning to use the phone to watch movies and videos or look at pictures, you’re going to be pleased. The screen offers phenomenal clarity.
- And let’s talk about that camera. Having a smartphone that can snap flawless pictures and record high-quality video (you may find yourself starting up a Vine or Instagram account) is a must. The Samsung Galaxy S2 features an 8 MP camera with an equally-impressive 1080P HD video camera.
- Curious about video chat? The 2 MP front-facing camera on this device will let you take the concept for a serious spin.
- Apps rule the day, and you’re going to learn very quickly that there is an app for just about everything you can possibly imagine, to say nothing of the games that are out there. In order to enjoy everything, you’re going to need a phone with plenty of memory. The Samsung Galaxy S2 comes with an impressive sixteen GB, which most people find is more than they could ever hope to use.
- The Samsung Galaxy S2 runs on Android 4. It’s easy to hook up to any WiFi network in the area, and you’ll find using sites like Facebook and YouTube to be a breeze. And remember that everything you watch is going to be presented in crisp, vivid detail.
- The onscreen keyboard has a slight learning curve for the uninitiated, but you should be able to get used to it in hardly any time at all.
- The voice command feature isn’t flawless, but if you’re planning to use it for messages and searching the web, you’ll find that it’s pretty good overall.
- Dual-function keys makes it easy to incorporate numbers or symbols as you’re typing quickly.
- Compared to other smartphones on the market, the battery life for the Galaxy S2 is pretty good. It’d not the best you can get anywhere, but it should prove to be fairly reliable for the most part. In order to get the most out of that battery, try not to have too many programs constantly running in the background.
- You don’t have to worry about being charged for going over your 2.5 GB data allotment (per month), but you will be penalized in the form of your WiFi speed being slowed down considerably.
- Although this device supports the 4G WiMAX network, you’re going to find it difficult to pick up a signal a lot of the time. This is largely because Sprint isn’t really all that interested in the WiMAX network anymore.
- One thing that’s definitely worth keeping in mind: This phone is not going to be your cheapest option. The price tag will come in at somewhere in the neighborhood of 350 dollars. You will save money in the long term, but if you’re looking for an affordable solution to your smartphone dilemma, you may want to consider looking elsewhere.
The Samsung Galaxy S2 provides all the necessary bell and whistles with formidable, proven technology. While it’s true that this isn’t the cheapest option in town, this is a powerful smartphone that will let you enjoy all the benefits of such a device. The memory is considerable, Android 4 will let you try anything that grabs your interest, and it still functions just fine for basic phone calls and texting. Many consider it to be a very good phone overall.